The Saginaw Valley will celebrate with a LGBT Pride Awards Banquet on Tuesday, June 23rd at Saginaw's Andersen Enrichment Center, 120 Ezra Rust Drive - across from Ojibway Island. The cost is $25 per person or $15 for students and people with limited funds. The evening will include:
6 pm - Appetizer Reception;
7 pm - Dinner catered by The Savoy Grill;
8 pm – Pride Program and Awards.
Sponsorship for the Pride Banquet
Sponsorship will defray the cost of the banquet. Names of contributors will be printed in the evening program. Click the Sponsorship tab for an explanation. Sponsorships must be received by Wednesday, June 17, 2015, to be included in the program.
The Pride Award Selection Committee has reviewed all of the nominations received and determined this year's honorees.
In 2015, we will honor:
All past honorees are listed on our Honor Roll page of Saginaw Valley LGBT Pride Award recipients.
- Lifetime Achievement Award - Randy Hasso
- Champion of Pride Award - David Custer
- Champion of Pride Award - Heather Aviles
- Rising Star Award - Brandon Errer
- Rising Star Award - Cara Mitrano
- Rising Star Award - Jody Liebmann
- Political Award - U.S. Rep. Dan Kildee
- Business Award - Planet Fitness of Midland
Historic and Memorable Evening
Famous activist Frank Kameny coined the phrase "Gay is Good" in 1968, a year before Stonewall. Pride Banquet attendees will understand indeed what he meant. Please join us in this historic and memorable evening.